Thousands of people visited Government House on Australia Day as part of our annual Open Day.
International and interstate visitors were among those who enjoyed a tour of the State Apartments and a range of children's activities, displays and performances throughout the grounds.
Highlights of the day included:
- A special live broadcast of Australian music and composers by 3MBS Fine Music
- Bricks4Kidz in the Ballroom - Lego play, technical Lego and robotics activities
- A flash mob by the Shiamak Bollywood Dance Group
- Traditional Greek dancing by Pontiaki Estia
- The Roving Army Pep band
- AFL Women's league footballers meeting visitors and enjoying kick-to-kick with the Governor and Mr Howard on Fountain Court.
- Living Legends former champion race horses in the Hopetoun stables
- The Historic State Coach on loan from Museum Victoria for the day and also a display of former State Governor’s cars.
- Face painting and balloon artistry
Activities and displays were also organised by the Royal Flying Doctor Service, the St John Mobile CPR Lab, Tennis Victoria, Collingwood Children's Farm, and the CFA Education Bus.
A range of food vendors were on site, including the Country Women's Association which served Devonshire Teas in the courtyard.
The Open Day is held every year on Australia Day.