The tours are led by the Governor’s husband, Mr Anthony Howard QC, a former County Court Judge, or a senior Government House staff. They offer a unique insight into the constitutional, ceremonial, international and community engagement duties of the Governor.
About the Government House Tour
- The tour consists of a 40-minute tour of the State Apartments followed by a 20-minute Q&A session and refreshments
- Government House tours are free
- For school groups, the tours are best suited to secondary students in Year 9 and above
- Students must be accompanied by, and under the direct supervision, of their teacher/s
- Visitors need to pass through a security checkpoint and bag inspection before entering
- Minimum group size: 15
- Maximum group size: 30
- Advance bookings are essential
Book a tour
To book a tour, email Erin Hollis, Community Engagement Programs Coordinator.
In your email, please include:
- Name of school or community group
- Year level and number of students (for school groups)
- Preferred tour dates (please provide a range of dates)
Where we are
Check the Metro Tunnel website for transport disruptions as part of the tunnel works.
You are encouraged to take public transport:
- La Trobe’s Cottage is about a 30-minute walk from Flinders Street Station
- Take the St Kilda Road/Coventry Street tram - routes 3/3a, 5, 6,16, 64, 67 and 72 - and get off at the Domain Interchange/St Kilda Road. Then walk 600m along Dallas Brooks Drive to La Trobe’s Cottage.
There is metered parking on Linlithgow and Birdwood Avenues, but there may be limited availability.
Contact Erin Hollis (available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8am to 4pm)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (03) 9655 4269